The Reverend Michael William Robertson was born in 1885 and was a Minor Scholar at Malvern, also making his house football XI and serving as a house prefect. He went on to trinity College Dublin where he took a first in Classics.
He was ordained and served in the Royal Army Chaplains Department in the Great War from 1915. After the Armistice he became the Chaplain at Epsom College in the 1920s, returning again to minister to the school during the Second World War. He was known to many of the boys at Epsom as ‘Pomp’.
He was initiated into Radnor Lodge No 2587, a gentlemen’ lodge in Folkestone, Kent.
He was the brother of fellow founder George Stafford Robertson.